Friday, 30 April 2010

Man Without a Past - 1978



The professionals. One of my childhood favourites. Heros of mine. Bodie and Doyle. 1978. Little did I know, when I was four years old, that Doyle was setting foot in my garden-to-be trying to track down the man who may have planted the bomb. The man without a past.

It is White Stone, isn't it? Answers on a postcard.

Many thanks to Chris for spotting this. Apparently, he leapt to his feet and pointed at the TV, exclaiming, "That's White Stone!"

4 comments:

normal said...

Sorry to be a spoilsport, but I don't think it is White Stone. The house is the wrong shape - even pre-extension (which was done in 1987).

Soupy said...

Fooey. I think that might be confirmed by the last location on the list here. Oh well. I can still let my imagination groove off the endless possibilities of adventure. You never know what else might have happened in our garden. Not to mention what still might...

tschaka said...

I think it may be... the new patio area (which the steps connect to) is higher than the old patio area under the veranda, so does that mean the steps weren't an original feature or were they moved?

Soupy said...

I don't think they were an original feature, or maybe they pointed straight down onto the lawn.

That's assuming this really is White Stone...